Regent University

At Regent University, you will get an education with Christian
foundations that is unique to this school. I love this school; frankly because I can find my identity in Christ and express it freely and comfortably. Regent's motto is founded on Christian leadership that changes the world; and I believe that I can definitely be an advocate in the world because of the ideals taught at Regent University.

Government Degree

I am a government major and organizational leadership and management minor. I plan on attending law school; and being able to have a Christian foundation truly inspires me and helps me in my future career in politics. Regent provides you with an awareness of other ideologies and teaches you how to use that knowledge in order to minister towards others in a modern society.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Work, Work, Work!!

So I started my first day of work this week at the Judge Advocate General (JAG) office at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio for my summer internship. For those who have never seen the show, JAG is a legal office that handles all legal matters of military soldiers from court marshals, to wills, notaries, and traffic tickets. It is a great atmosphere (laid back yet focused) and I will actually get to create legal documents and work with clients.

For those who are interested in working for the government through an internship you should remember to: 1.) start the application process early 2.) as a student you have a stronger chance of getting into a government facility 3.) and even though you may not get paid, it is a great advantage on your resume and it gives you needed experience.

To get my internship I called the desired work location, asked if there was anything I had to do in order to work in their office, and went through their application process (which took a few weeks to prepare and 3 months to approve) and I began working with JAG. Another option is going through a program that earns you college credit. Regent offers The Washington Center internship program which I was one of the first to do last summer in D.C. They also offer study abroad options for credit.

In other news, I recently received a Regent scholarship to go to the National Conservative Student Conference in Washington, D.C. It is a conference that lasts the first week of August that includes guest speakers and workshops on how to implement conservative ideals in today's society. Don't worry Regent community, I will bring my laptop on this trip to keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having an awesome time, Jessica! I hope that God leads you to many more great oppurtunities :)

    Juana

    ReplyDelete